Sunday, January 25, 2015

Welcome to America!

Hello family and friends!

Welcome to this modest blog for my 2015 sobo hike on the AT.

It's been a few years since the last adventure, and I was feeling the itch. Hiking the AT is something I've wanted to do since meeting a girl in college who hiked the trail....twice! Seemed like an incredible adventure, and I've always been trying to fit it into my life and career.

So finally, after years and years, all the pieces fell into place. Work is letting me take a 6 months leave of absence. I've saved up. Now, the next 5 months are continuing the preparations. Mental, physical, and practical.

I'm not sure I'll finish. I hope I do. There are a great many things that can go wrong....so I'm prepared to come home with out loosing too much face. Injury, sickness..etc. But, imagine finishing it?! What a feeling that will be huh?

So, here goes nothing!

Fancy count down!

No comments:

Post a Comment